Friday, May 25, 2007






Hi it's friday and I have spent another day meeting people and looking around. Tomorrow they have organised for me to go up in the police/fire helicoptor for a couple of hours on patrol and a look around so that will be cool.

As far as the photos go 1 is of the hotel I am staying in downtown Phoenix very nice place. The photo of all the engines in a row are all brand new and are waiting to be fitted out and put into service they have 10 of these being put into commission at one time and they scrap them after 6 years service. The smaller truck is their support truck that goes to every fire this has a lighting unit, drinks and a compressor that can fest fill directly to your BA set whilr you are still wearing it.

i know the photos are a bit boring but thats all I have seen so far is fire service stuff so bear with me I am sure I will get better photos tomorrow.

The temperture today has reached 100 so warming up aparently in ancouple of weeks it will get to 115 and not drop below 100 for over 100 days so glad I will be gone by then.

Thanks for your comments

scott

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Hi there love, how exciting to go up in the helicopter on patrol I loved my 3 helicopter trips.
The engines are amazing and look so big compared to ours.
You certainly are having a wonderful trip and the people you are meeting will have found a very good and caring friend in you.
Love Mum.

Hello mate, what a great experience for you to be having. All those things you are doing is great and i know you will treasure them for life. Your knowledge you have gained over here will I am sure benefit your station greatly.
Keep up the good work mate and I re-iterate Mums words we are very proud of you.
Love Dad.

phil ac said...

What are you going to do when they realise that you aren't the New Zealand Fire Service Chief Executive-and you are just the cleaner from the Okaihau Voles?

Tarnz said...

I'm with Phil on that one!

Kesia said...

Ho Dad,
You get to go on another Helicopter ride!!!!!I wish I could come!!!Your hotel looks Flash!Good that all those fire men have been looking after you.

ninapeter said...

After all that looking after you Scott when are you going to cook them all a traditional kiwi roast lamb with all the trimmings and a Pavlova???? Good writing on the blog. Keep up the good work.
Love Nina and Peter xx