Thursday, June 7, 2007






Where do I start with New York!! What an amazing place the density of people and buildings and cultures etc. I am staying in Manhattan 3 blocks from the empire state building, I went up there and took a million photos as you do, amazing to thing that it only took 14 months to build that it would take 4 years today. I also went to ground zero and had a look at all the construction and tribute to 9/11 there is a very somber feeling in this place hard to describe but everyone is quiet unlike the rest of NY, then I walked down Wall st there is such a cool blend of old and new unlike other cities.

2 comments:

Kesia said...

Hi Dad
WOW that looks so unreal. I guess there are lots of big buildings in New York and it's very busy. Can't wait to see more of your photos. Kesia

Grandma said...

Hello there what a super few pics. I have heard that when at Ground Zero you get a feeling like no other you have in other normal places. It was like that at the Bridge when Mum and I went to the River Kwai and Caine and Craig said the same when they were at Galipoli. It is countdown to 1 week today and there are a lot of your friends waiting to greet you to say nothing of your family and you will be looking forward to seeing those two little heirs you have.
Havent seen much of them as they are always busy and here there and everywhere and ive been building as you will see when you get home.
Mum is painting today - what she calls real painting and not priming.
Looking forward to seeing you soon son
Love Dad and Mum sends hers as well.